The angle between rollers axis and central wheel could have any value but in the case of
conventional Swedish wheel it is 45”.The angled peripheral rollers translate a portion of the
force in the rotational direction of ht wheel to a force normal to the wheel direction .Depending
on each individual wheel direction and speed,the resulting combination of all these forces
produce a total force vector in any desired direction thus allowing the platform to move freely in
the direction of the resulting force vector,without changing of the wheels themselves.
Using four of mecanum wheels provides omni-directional movement for a vehicle without
needing a conventional steering system slipping is a common problem in the mecanum wheel
as it has only one roller with a single point of ground contact at any one time.
Due to the dynamics of the mecanum wheel,it can create force vectors in both the x and
y-direction while only being driven in the y-direction.Positioning four mecanum wheels,one at
each corner of the chassis(two mirrored pairs),allows net forces to be formed in the x,y and
- Diameter: 4 in.
- Width Across Middle: 2.18 in.
- Bore: 1.124 in.
- Bolt Pattern: 6 holes (0.2 in. diameter) on a 1.875 in. diameter circle
- Body Material, Outer: 0.12 in. thick steel, zinc plated
- Body Material, Inner: molded black polycarbonate
- Load Capacity: 200 pounds per wheel
- Forward / Reverse Coefficient of Friction: 0.7 (on tight pile carpet)
- Sideways Coefficient of Friction: 0.6 (on tight pile carpet)
- Weight: 0.9 pound (each wheel)
- Number of Rollers: 9
- Roller Material, Outside: Urethane rubber (gray)
- Roller Material, Inside: Nylon (white)
- Roller Durometer: 80A
- Roller Bearing Material: Nylon spinning over brass tube
- Roller Axle: Brass tube
There are no reviews yet.